- Practice Commenced2010
- # of MEDS (as of 30/11/23)
- # of ARBS (as of 30/11/23)44
Online / In-Person
- DETROIT/WARREN/ANN ARBOR
- GRAND RAPIDS
- SAGINAW/MIDLAND/BAY CITY
- SOUTH BEND
Dr. Simpson is an arbitrator with a broad dispute resolution practice. She is a Fellow of the College of Commercial Arbitrators (CCA) with over thirteen (13) years of experience in US domestic and international arbitration. Dr. Simpson has served as arbitrator in disputes involving the financial services industries, partnership disputes and the dissolution of joint ventures, travel and tourism, general commercial contracts, and consumer matters. She also has experience in arbitrations involving public-private partnerships, production sharing agreements (PSAs), pharmaceutical testing, sport and anti-doping regulations, construction, general commercial contracts, energy, mining, renewable energy, investor-state dispute settlement, employment, labor, patent licensing, and tourism. She heads Simpson Dispute Resolution in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and is an Arbitrator with 33 Bedford Row Chambers in London, U.K.
Dr. Simpson has served as sole arbitrator in disputes conducted pursuant to the Commercial and Consumer Rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and in international disputes administered by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (AAA-ICDR). She has served as sole arbitrator in contractual disputes in the travel and tourism industry (applicable law: England & Wales). She has also served as tribunal secretary in high value (US$ 2.6 billion) and complex cases, conducted pursuant to a variety of institutional rules, including those of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC), the German Institution of Arbitration (DIS), and the Chinese European Arbitration Centre (CEAC) (newly renamed, Asian European Arbitratin Centre (ASEAC). She has assisted in ad hoc arbitrations under the United National Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Rules (2010) and in investor-state arbitrations before the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC) and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Class Actions
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Entertainment Sector
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Product Liability
- Public Policy
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
Dr. Simpson is licensed to practice law in Maryland and New Jersey, US.
- Dr. iur., International Banking Law from University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany (2015)
- LLM. oec,. International Business, Labor, and Social Law from University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany (2010)
- J.D., University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland, USA (2008)
- Master, European Studies, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany (2005)
- B.A. and M.A. Degrees, Political Science, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, USA (2004)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Arbitrator, 33 Bedford Row Chambers, U.K.
- Vice Chair, Ray Corollary Initiative, Inc.
- Chair, Women in Dispute Resolution (WIDR) Committee of the American Bar Association (ABA) Dispute Resolution Section
- Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation (ABF)
- Member, Atlanta International Arbitration Society (AtlAS)
- Member, ArbitralWomen
- Member, International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
- Member, Energy Arbitration Club (formerly Oil & Gas Arbitration Club)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (North American and London Branches)
Please call for details.