Academy Member Inducted 2015Map & Directions
- DETROIT/WARREN/ANN ARBOR
Gene J. Esshaki is one of the founding shareholders of Abbott, Nicholson, Quilter, Esshaki & Youngblood, P.C. Gene specializes in business and corporate law, and acts as general and special counsel to a number of business enterprises.
Gene is also recognized for his expertise in complex commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Gene is a member of the American Arbitration Associationâ€™s Panel of Arbitrators for Mass Claims Resolution. He is also a member of the National Panel of Neutrals and a member and advisor to the Associationâ€™s Michigan Office Complex Case Hearing Panel.
Gene has participated in extensive training in alternative dispute resolution, is certified as a Mediator by the Michigan Supreme Court and has lectured on the topic. Gene is a hearing panelist for the Wayne County (Michiganâ€™s largest Trial Court) Mediation Tribunal Association and the Attorney Discipline Board of the State Bar of Michigan. He has been called upon by Trial Court Judges and practitioners in numerous State and Federal Courts to mediate and/or arbitrate numerous complex commercial disputes.
Gene served on the governing counsel of the Alternate Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Michigan and is a member of the America Board of Trial Advocates â€“ Michigan. Gene is on the faculty of the annual Dispute Resolution Institute sponsored by the Michigan Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the 2010 recipient of the State Bar ADR section "George N. Bashara" award for service in the field of alternate dispute resolution.
Appointed September, 2014 Special Master, United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan: In RE Automotive Anti-Trust Litigation
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Family Businesses
- Legal Malpractice
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan (B.A.-1971); (JD-1974).
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association (Litigation and General Practice Section);
- Michigan Bar Association (ADR Section [Council Member]; General Practice Section; Litigation Section);
- Oakland County Bar Association;
- Macomb County Bar Association:
- Metropolitan Detroit Bar Association (Past Director; Member ADR Section Council);
- Detroit Bar Foundation (Past Trustee-President);
- Michigan Bar Foundation (Fellow);
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates;
- Member International Mediator Institute;
- 2010 Recipient ADR Section George N. Bashara Award for contribution to the field of ADR.
$500 per hour. Cancellation fee may apply.